Paul has been working with geospatial software for over ten years, as programmer and consultant. He founded the PostGIS spatial database project in 2001, and is currently an active developer and member of the project steering committee. In 2008, Paul received the Sol Katz Award for achievement in open source geospatial software.
As a team member with OpenGeo, Paul leads consulting engagements, software and support of the PostGIS database; he works with our business development team to improve communication about our open source offerings; and, he speaks and teaches regularly at conferences around the world.
Open Source Projects
- PostGIS: Founder, Project Steering Committee member, committer
- Mapserver: Committer, maintainer of PostGIS module
- GEOS: Founder, committer, release manager
- GDAL: Committer
- Open Source Geospatial Foundation (OSGeo): Founding member, Board member 2007-2009
- FOSS4G Conferences: OSGeo conference committee member and organizer of 2007 event