OpenGeo welcomes partner organizations to resell the OpenGeo Suite Enterprise Edition—either as Solution Providers or Distributors. This Term Sheet outlines the proposed terms of agreement, requirements, and fee structures for these partnerships. OpenGeo will enter into a formal "Agreement" with selected firms. Partners seeking to resell the OpenGeo Suite as part of an OEM relationship with OpenGeo will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Proposed Roles and Responsibilities
Act in good faith to sell the OpenGeo Suite Enterprise Edition, the enhanced support package for the Suite, and its component open source projects (PostGIS, GeoServer, GeoWebCache, OpenLayers, and GeoExt). The OpenGeo Suite is documented in OpenGeo’s website, collateral, and similar information outlets.
- Stand up an ongoing web service with the OpenGeo Suite or at least 3 of its component open source projects on a timely basis. This service is to be accessible by the general online population, with minimum 99% up-time during the term of the Partnership. Firms wishing to be Solution Providers must stand up this web service prior to becoming a Solution Provider—otherwise they will remain as Distributor partners.
- Promote the OpenGeo Suite Enterprise Edition and the partnership with OpenGeo as mutually agreed including:
- Add OpenGeo as a “partner” on the Partner page (or equivalent) of [Partner’s website], as a technological partner with logo, link, and short description.
- Release a mutually-agreed-upon Press Release announcing the partnership.
- Advertise this new offering in appropriate settings such as: conferences and trade shows (GIS and similar events as appropriate), collateral, etc.
- Sell the OpenGeo Suite Enterprise Edition in its designated Territory and pass along expressions of interest from organizations outside of this Territory to OpenGeo on a timely basis.
- Refrain from offering any similar open source support to the OpenGeo Suite Enterprise Edition except as mutually agreed.
- Employ sufficient sales and technical staff members to meet the sales and technical service requirements of the Partnership agreement.
- Provide Level One technical support [for Solution Provider partners only].
- Develop two user case studies per year for publication on Partner’s and OpenGeo’s website. These should use the OpenGeo Suite, or at least two of its component software projects.
- Have all appropriate service staff and trainers attend __ OpenGeo training sessions per year.
- Provide a discount of 50% off of published OpenGeo training session(s) for any Partner staff member(s) attending OpenGeo training courses conducted online, to enable these Partner staff to become “certified” OpenGeo consultants and first line of support [as required].
- Host Partner CEO (or appropriate other senior manager) for a strategic meeting session at OpenGeo, to align each other’s plans, workforce, and philosophies as appropriate to develop the partnership.
- Create a “partner” page on the http://opengeo.org website and add Partner as a partner (Solution Provider or Distributor) with a logo, link, and short description.
- Release a mutually-agreed-upon Press Release announcing the prospective partnership.
- Provide partner with information on sales leads or inquiries in the designated Territory from our advertising and lead qualification pipeline.
- Team with partner on specific bids, providing OpenGeo team resumes and review of draft responses.
- Be available for assistance with sales calls and meetings with potential clients.
- Provide priority estimates on core software improvements to complement a partner service offering to a potential client.
- Highlight partner successes, announcements, and offerings on OpenGeo's twitter, newsletter, and blog.
- Allow usage of OpenGeo Enterprise logos in printed material and online while under terms of partnership.
- Give access to OpenGeo marketing collateral and raw graphic and content files for customized partner materials
The following chart shows the OpenGeo elements of the offering with the associated % share (revenue split) to Partner depending on its role for the particular items:
|Package Cost||Finder's Fee||First Line of Support||Training|
All prices above in US dollars.
The following chart shows the total revenue split per type of partner per edition of the OpenGeo Suite:
|Package Cost||Partner Share||OpenGeo Share||Partner Share||OpenGeo Share||Partner Share||OpenGeo Share|
All prices above in US dollars. * Finder's Fee only. ** Finder's Fee, Support & Training
Distributor: Simply presents the deal for closing / or the sale to OpenGeo, which makes direct contact with the account and provides all client support.
Solution Provider: advertise and license the OpenGeo Suite Enterprise Edition and/or the OpenGeo Supported Solution directly to end users. Solution Providers will also provide technical support directly to end users. The terms of this Solution Provider Agreement apply in addition to the terms of the Reseller Agreement. Solution Providers have the option to act as Distributors, in which case the terms of the Distributor Agreement will apply.
Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM): Develops a new commercial offering integrating OpenGeo Suite. Model to be discussed.
At this time OpenGeo is not seeking exclusive partnerships. However, it is envisioned that some partners may obtain a degree of exclusivity in their territory as a result of a particular strong vertical industry or solution focus, or through outstanding financial performance.
Expressions of Interest
Contact us for more information or to get started with the application process.