Our GeoWebCache Team
Gabriel has worked on geospatial software since 1997, working on route finding, vehicle tracking, web mapping with ESRI and open source software, desktop editing with uDig, and more.
GeoWebCache sits between any WMS compliant server and tiling clients to accelerate the delivery of images and data by dividing the world in to tiles and caching for fast delivery.
- Implements OGC services including Web Map Tiling Service (WMTS), Web Map Service-Caching (WMS-C), and Tiled Map Service (TMS)
- Java J2EE application, works with Jetty, Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere, JBoss
- Ability to serve as a compliant WMS by recombining and resampling tiles to answer arbitrary image requests
- Pre-seeding and seeding-on-demand capability
- Native output to Google Maps (including Google Mobile), Google Earth super overlays (vector and raster), Bing Maps, and Yahoo Maps.
- Fine control over tile expiration by REST API or GeoRSS notification
- Disk quotas with Least Frequently Used (LFU) and Least Recently Used (LRU) algorithms to manage disk space effectively
- Handles WMS requests with time, elevation, alternate styles and filters